Friday, October 2, 2009

American Healthcare

Catholics may once again be disheartened to hear that the Senate Finance Committee has rejected a ban on abortion funding as well as rejecting an amendment to prevent rationing of medical care to seniors. Furthermore, one member of the Senate Finance Committee said of recent healthcare legislation which would "mandate dramatic changes in the U.S. health care system"...

"I don’t expect to actually read the legislative language because reading the legislative language is among the more confusing things I’ve ever read in my life"

He also told a representative from CNSNews.com that...

"The idea of reading the legislative language: It’s just anyone who says that they can do that and actually get much out of it is trying to pull the wool over our eyes."

And...

"In the time that I’ve spent here, I’ve seen plenty of legislative language and I know more often than not it’s almost incomprehensible as to what it means. Because what you do is you take certain language and you insert it in other parts of the law, other parts of the bill, and it frankly almost defies comprehension in many instances. Why that is a value and why someone should need to read that, or feel the need--I don’t understand."

Now don't you feel good about the pending legislation which will affect your life and the lives of your loved ones?

[10/2]